Introduction to Caving Course
This introduction to caving in Derbyshire provides you with an exciting opportunity to explore the wonderful world of underground caves and mines. This session takes place in predominately horizontal passages where you will be given expert instruction, specialist caving equipment and a safe, enjoyable trip. As you explore this underground world we can inform you about the origin of caves and their history, this adds value to the whole experience.
Our instructors can also increase the level of challenge with optional squeezes and watery passages to negotiate.
- Good staff ratios allowing more personal input per person
- A brilliant introduction to the sport
- Learn from each other
- A basic introduction to the sport including how to set up equipment, lighting etc
- Cave development
- Risks associated with caving
- Learn about different cave features and formations
After this course people are generally excited about doing more caving as it was far better than they anticipated.
All specialist equipment is provided however you will need to bring a full change of clothes and a towel. Caving clothes should be warm, fleece type material and layers is important (no denim) You will also need to bring suitable underground food e.g. chocolate bars and something to drink.