Mountain Bike Intermediate Skills Courses
This course is ideal for those wanting professional MTB coaching to help them take their riding to the next level. It is also ideal for those who have been riding a while but feel a skills course would allow them to be more confident when riding their usual trails.
This course looks at your current riding style and seeks to identify and correct any bad habits that may have developed. It uses the fundamental skills from the introduction course to create a more proactive and relaxed riding style to help you further develop beyond this course. we will session sections of trails to develop key skills and use constructive clear feedback to help you make progress. You should be riding more confidently on the technical terrain such as that found in the Peak District or on more technical trail obstacles on Trail Centre Red routes. Our instructors are all CTC qualified MTB Guides and use modern coaching techniques to help you get the most from the course.
- Improved confidence on technical terrain and reduce the risk of injury
- Increased skill level as a mountain biker
- Faster, smoother riding as a result of learning new techniques
- Excellent ratios at 1:5 giving you more of our time and expertise
- Bike set-up & fit
- Body position
- Effective braking
- Efficient gear selection
- Descending on technical terrain
- Line choice on technical terrain
- Climbing techniques on technical terrain
- Finding ‘flow’ out on the trail
Ideally you should have been riding regularly off-road for a while and are looking for the next challenge. If you ride at trail centres then you may be reasonably happy with riding red graded trails.
A serviced and well maintained mountain bike suitable for off-road riding is a must, as is a helmet. A waterproof jacket, something to drink and a few snacks are also needed. We would strongly recommend wearing gloves, even in the summer.