Dolomite Training has delivered first aid courses for a number of years and is excited to offer an Outdoor First Aid Course based in the Peak District.
We are working with Jon Ashmore who also has an outdoor education background and is a community first responder for East Midlands Ambulance Service. He has been delivering First Aid courses over the last 5 years and has quickly developed an excellent reputation for his delivery style and content. He maintains the serious nature of the course content whilst still being able to have a laugh with clients.
L3 Award in Outdoor First Aid (RQF*) 16 Hours QNUK Level 3
This qualification is aimed at Outdoor Activity Instructors or others who may be required to provide first aid in an outdoor environment where help may be up to 2 hours away.
Outdoor First Aid Course dates. All courses will be based at a training venue in Bamford, Peak District.
- 20th - 21st November 2018
- 8th - 9th January 2019
- 12th - 13th February 2019
- 18th - 19th March 2019
The course costs £132 inclusive of VAT or we offer a 10% discount for instructors which makes it £118 inclusive of VAT.Enquire today
- Assessments of situation and casualty
- Airway, breathing and circulation assessments, including emergency resuscitation
- Safe airway position
- Dealing with choking
- Treatment of severe bleeding and shock
- Major injuries, including chest and head injuries
- Treatment of breaks and fractures
- Environmental injuries such as hypothermia, hyperthermia and drowning
- Life threatening conditions, such as heart attack, asthma, diabetes
- Management of emergency situations, including basic casualty movement
- Plus bites and stings etc
All courses include Defibrillator training plus options for tourniquets and haemostatic dressings training where required.
We can also offer casualty simulation make up skills as part of any course if required. These can be tailored to suit the needs of each course.
Our aim is to educate, engage and entertain you which will help you retain the skills and knowledge you have gained.
*RQF courses are acceptable anywhere and everywhere and are usually the ones asked for by National Governing Bodies.Enquire today
Other First Aid courses that we can offer include:
- QNUK Level 2 Award in Basic Life Support (Adults and Children) (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Activity First aid (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First aid at Work (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First aid at Work (Management of Catastrophic Bleeding) (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency First aid at Work +F (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency Outdoor First aid (RQF) 8 Hours
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in First aid (Annual Refresher) (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Management of Catastrophic Bleeding) (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work +F (RQF)
- QNUK Level 3 Award in Forest School First Aid (RQF) 16 hours
To find out more about any of the course above please get in touch.